Friday, May 15, 2020

Easter and Grant's Birthday

Probably the biggest surprise we pulled off so far during quarantine was Gran'ts birthday! We had a sign made and put in his yard. He received lots of honks throughout the day. The most fun for me was staying up till midnight and driving there with Mallory and sneaking in their yard and putting it in their yard. That will probably be one of my favorite memories. We just laughed!!! We then scheduled a drive by parade for him on his birthday. I kept this secret from Dana, which kind of backfired. We had a ton of people meet at the park....including the fire department and low and behold....Jason AND GRANT left to go to town five minutes before we were to drive by. lol! So we ended up telling her and Jason flew home to the big surprise. Grant had no clue, Lane had no clue, Jason had no clue....Dana knew but had only just been briefed about it so she was still in shock! It was so much fun for us to do! To see their reaction on the video was just priceless. Of course, I cried. Cried because I knew it made his (their) day but also cried that he had to spend his birthday that way. Sometimes it's harder when you're older than some of the younger ones that don't really know the difference. I hope it's a birthday he will always remember! I know I sure will!
Mallory and I at midnight!
Grandma & Papa Ham made the drive over!
Social distancing at it's finest folks!





EASTER!!! 
Morgan is obsessed!!! OBSESSED with Moana! She received the necklace, hair flower and outfit for Easter. She wears it non-stop!
These no mess markers and books have also been a big hit for quarantine! She LOVES them!!
Who knew Moana loved to vacuum!?!? I sure like that she does!

So sweet. I can tell you that these two already had a pretty strong bond but being stuck at home with each other...it's grown even stronger. Don't get me wrong....there is PLENTY of fighting and arguing and getting on each others nerves but they always defend each other when the other gets scolded and they truly are the best buds. Makes my heart happy to witness!
We were driving to Grandma Barry's for Easter to say hello....from the driveway. Morgan "had to go get ready". She came down with my mascara all over her. That was a first....and a quick reminder that I need to remember to keep my make up put up and out of reach!
Visiting my dad on Easter. He was fully prepared for his face mask! Good job, dad!
Easter egg hunt....the girls loved this scavenger hunt....of course...Morgan did it naked. I will say that being home--another of my memories is going to be that she was naked the whole time. We went hard on potty training and can now say we have done it. She is potty trained on both #1 and #2 (lol) but she loves to be naked now! Going to be hard to get her to wear clothes again!
Surprising my grandma on Easter. Missed her so much that we drove over just to say hi from the driveway. We didn't get out of the car and she didn't get off her porch but that little bit made my heart so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment