Friday, May 15, 2020

Just Running Around

Last year, I started running. I found such a peace doing this. I don't know if it was because I was alone with my thoughts. If it was the actual running. The accomplishment I felt afterwards. The peace I found running the country roads. Still don't know what it is but I dread doing it but once I get going and when I'm done....I feel so at peace and good about myself. I took major breaks especially this past winter but I am back at it. I have always had the dream of running a marathon but would always put it off. Well, because I don't follow directions and my husband is obsessed with all things Disney---I "accidentally" signed up for my first full marathon. Our Disney vacation got cancelled...twice...so we decided that we would just go in 2021. We picked a date somewhat around marathon weekend. It got my wheels turning...I could check a half marathon off my bucket list and do it at Disney. Now that would be "fun"! So I started training for a half....that's 13.1 miles. I could do that. I ran a 5K in the fall....would just skip over a 10k or sneak one in between now and then. I got this!! The day finally came to register! We had already made hotel reservations, tickets...we were all set...this was the plan! I go to register....almost to check out. Then they threw a curve ball at me. Would you like to order race swag now? What!?! I wasn't prepared for such a hard question!! ;) So I called Mick....said should I buy something to remember the day....he said yes and was adamant I should order the magic band....LAME...no way. I was going for the full package....magnets, ornament, shirt, the whole thing! He wanted the magic band. I said no and hung up. Go to finish checking out and guilt got the best of me...so I hit the back button. DO NOT HIT THE BACK BUTTON!!!! I did....to get a stupid magic band that I would never use, for my husband, who wasn't even running the race. UGGHH! The Back Button. I knew better. So low and behold....it kicked me out of the whole registration process and when I went to start again...the half marathon was SOLD OUT!!! You have got to be kidding me. Every race was sold out but the full marathon. I cried so hard. I think Mallory thought something terrible happened as I screamed NOOOOOOO and sobbed! Well......you only live once huh? So I registered for the full marathon all because Mick wanted a magic band....and because it was my only option! Wasn't going down like that....I may go down but it wasn't going to be at registration!!!! My only hope is that something opens up and I can go down to the half but doubt that happens since they sold out in like an hour and a half! So here's to either checking off something on my bucket list or kicking the bucket....one or the other will happen....stay tuned folks....stay tuned.....
Isn't it a beautiful view!
Love country roads
So peaceful
Smiling through the pain
This was the run that I swallowed 8,239 knats....one survived after snorting it up my nose and blowing it back out in the same second!
Seriously...isn't that just gorgeous!!


No comments:

Post a Comment